Friday, May 25, 2007

Work, Being Old, Poker, and Guitar Hero???

It's been a busy week at work which has kept me from updating much. Sorry bout that. We sold 5 this week which is a ton for us (10-14 total per month ave). That in addition to some other paperwork has kept me away from CR and the tables during the day.


Tomorrow is a big day for me as I turn the ripe old age of 28! I plan on celebrating by working till noon (boooooo) then spending the afternoon with my wife and daughter. But tomorrow night, we tear this mutherfucker down. It's fight night and I cannot wait to see Rampage/Ice Man 2. I'm not sure where we are watching it but rest asssured there will be beer and cards involved.


On Sunday I am going to the horseraces and then grilling out at my place with some friends. More beer will be consumed.


As far as poker goes I have played sparingly this week. Summer is just so damn busy for me that it is tough to play as much as I want. I did post a winner last week and am up $250ish so far this week. My post flop play is improving but I still am struggling with the turn at times. I am def checking it to often when my flop c-bet fails. I am also getting check raised a ton on UB. I forgot how much better the play is there compared with Absolute, which is where I have been playing most of my hands the last few weeks.

As promised last post here is the first edition of my current BR and total:

Week Start: $3645.99
Monday: +$268.03
Tues: No Play
Wed: -$21.16
Thurs: No Play
Week Total: +$246.87
Current: $3892.86

I plan on withdrawing everything above $3k on the first of each month until I can get some bills paid off. This will slow my progress towards playing 1/2 but that's cool. If I can reduce my debt load my mind will be much more clear and I will play tons better.

Here is the You Tube video of the week:

The audio sucks, but all you Guitar Hero fans know how truly sick this is...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yEjyuw42YY&mode=related&search=

Jeff

1 comment:

Matt said...

Hey, I have been checking out your blog for a little while and was wondering if you would trade links with me. Here is the link, let me know what you think of it.
http://gametight.blogsource.com/
Matt