Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Flood Update

I am going to try and get an update on here more or less every day as I think it is good therapy for the evils of flooding (and poker!).

Yesterday things slowed down for me. I did very little with my house and ended up not having any friends that needed anything. I got out and took some photos that along with the ones I am going to take during lunch today will get posted here.

My dad came to town and took my wife and I out to supper so we could get out of the house for a few hours. It was nice to just chill out, watch the Twins game, and have a few cocktails. After that I came home and collapsed into bed. I actually feel mostly rested for the first time since Friday.

Tough times are ahead though...

Matt's (CR name: mjrnt) house is still surrounded by water but it receded almost a foot overnight. He stopped at the store this morning and looked like death. I cannot imagine the stress he must be under. His family from out of town and a bunch of our mates are going over on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to completely gut his basement. We should have a crew of 10 and I still think it will take several days. I am not looking forward to it as I know I will be sore and tired on Monday. At the same time I want to do anything I can to help one of my truly good friends get his life back in order. He and his wife are wonderful people that don't deserve this kind of bull shit.

As far as cards go I plan on playing in the CR league MTT tonight and am looking VERY forward to it. I am not a big MTTer but when I play I usually hold my own even having scored big a few times. I enjoy playing them and think playing against what I expect to be a high level of competition will be an ultra fun test of my donkament poker meddle.

Jeff

No comments: