Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I'm baaaaaaaaacckkk.....New and Improved?

Ok, ok, ok, ok.....so it has been a month.

It has been a BUSY month!

Allow me to explain:
-I spent 4 days in bed with a 102 degree fever (had brutally bad case of strep throat) and am still recovering a bit.
-I have played 16k hands in 14 days (took 12 days off so far...ugh) 4 tabling $100nl on UB
-I have had four birthday parties (me, my mother, my mother-in-law, and my nephew), my 6 year wedding anniversary, fathers day, and a cousin came to visit from Texas.
-I took up golf.
-Softball season is in full swing.

Add in to all this that my home PC is a big pile of dog shit...

I was without the computer for 4 or 5 days and have battled all sorts of virus and spyware issues over the last couple of weeks. Using any internet browser is almost out of the question right now. The good news is that I am building a new PC and hope to be up and running next week.

Taking the Dive

In order to try and get some structure in my poker life I am making some new commitments. They are as follows:

1. Post 5 times per day on SSNL board (only applies to days I play...not to off days).
2. Update blog a minimum of 3 times weekly.
3. Watch 3 video's per week.
4. Play at least a 25,000 hand per month pace.

I am hoping that I can hold myself to these. I think I am at a point where I can really break through and go from 3bb/100 to 6 bb/100 real quick like. In order to do that I need to fix a leak (calling off chips in various spots) and work my ass off. I have worked hard on the leak and have improved a ton in the last 10 days so the next step is studying and posting a ton.

Bankroll Progress

Month Start: $3854.27
Current Total: $3831.72
Withdrawls This Month: $1021.00
Gross Profit (incl. rakeback): +$998.45
Net Profit (incl. rakeback): -$22.55
16170 Hands

New Teacher

I took a two hour lesson from Primoman (Adam). He teaches a decidedly more LAG style than what I am used to. Pre-Adam I ran 18/16 for several 100k hands. Since the lesson (beginning of this month) I am running about 23/17. That is obv a pretty dramatic change.

With games being as nitty as they are right now I really think that opening up like this is the best way to turn a good profit. He actually advocates more of a 26ish VPIP but that is just too much for me... I am very comfortable where I am at and really enjoy the results I am getting. At some point in the near future I will be taking lesson number 2 (as soon as I get the new PC up and running).

Chris Benoit

I am saddened by the loss of Chris Benoit and his family. I am disgusted at his actions and I wish he was still alive so he could pay the proper price for what he did. However, he was a great performer and I choose to remember him for that as well.

You Tube

This posts video de jour....Paris Hilton gets out of jail, and sings about it?!?!?!?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k66epna2Sss

See you soon kiddies!!!

4 comments:

Neb said...

You haven't blog for a while, I'm glad everything is going good. Good luck at the tables. :)

CapAnson said...

Thanks Neb. Hopefully things stay positive as I attempt to fix my leaks and move towards 1/2nl.

Unknown said...

Welcome back man, Thank GOD youv'e recovered already from a 4 day trip to heaven. Just kiddin man. Well im new in poker playing. Can you guys guide me on how to play it smart? Thanks.....

_____________
Marvin

Play The Poker League Today, the Poker League is Challenging, and Fun, for players at all levels with Added Cash and FREE Bonus Seats to Live Poker Tornaments Worldwide in 28 Selected Weekly Guaranteed MTT Tournaments, 4 Games a Day 7 Days a Week with a yearly prize pool of over €17 Million .
http://www.CelebPoker.com
.

jsteven said...

I have been wondering and looking for answers to certain questions and I must say I was lucky to reach your article. It has cleared most of my doubts. You gave a you tube video that was a nice one and i knew a lot of things from that. I am sure it has helped a lot of people out there.
-----------------------------------
Jack Steven
Play The Poker League Today, the Poker League is Challenging, and Fun, for players at all levels with Added Cash and FREE Bonus Seats to Live Poker Tornaments Worldwide in 28 Selected Weekly Guaranteed MTT Tournaments, 4 Games a Day 7 Days a Week with a yearly prize pool of over €17 Million .
http://www.CelebPoker.com