Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Poker related info? NO WAY!!!

First off, thanks to those that have shown interest in the fundraiser. We def need to get more CR people involved though!

I played about 800 hands last night on Absolute 4 tabling $50nl (which is actually $100nl at AP). Why do they have double buy-ins?

I ran super hot with my hole cards on all 4 tables to start but missed flop after flop. I had a very unorthodox player sitting to my left on two diff tables that cause me some problems as well (his VPIP was 30 but it included EVERY ace and he would call the whole way down with TPNK). It took me a good bit to really peg him and that cost me about $50 in the meantime. He made some strange plays and would def switch gears (not on purpose...he really did not know the diff). He was tough to play.

I took one crappy beat as a guy called my c-bet (I had KQ and missed the flop) with a wheel draw. The Q hit on the turn but I was a bit wary and checked behind. Then, of course a 5 falls on the river and the wheel hits (he had A4). He checked again and I value bet. He min-raised and I could not bring myself to fold as I thought he had something like QJ. I was wrong. I need to learn to check behind there. I felt like something might be up....I shoulda just checked. I'll make a note of that...

A bit later I had AA on the same table. Flop came 267 and our villain who limp/called PF check raises me 3x. My set radar went off straight away (I also saw A6, A7, 67 and 89 as possibilities as they were all def in his range). I had been playing semi-weak post flop at that table as there was a maniac who I tried to see a lot of flops against but I had the worst time hitting on (easy perverts). I took this into consideration and decided to call and reevaluate the turn (if he showed weakness I was going to bet out, figuring him for A6, A7, 89, or a pp and no set). Of course the ace hits and we are in business. He check/called a strong bet by me and did the same on the river when I shoved. He showed 66 for the under set.

The $225 pot was a nice way to FINALLY show some green in Poker Tracker for the session. I logged off shortly thereafter, happy with a $65 profit.

I will be back tomorrow as I wanna discuss some of my problems playing post flop.

Jeff

No comments: