Thursday, March 1, 2007

Thinking About a Switch to FTP

The last few days have been mostly uneventful. I did not play at all on Monday or Tuesday and played very little yesterday. I did win a few bucks at the cash tables but gave it back in the two tournies I played. One of them I bubbled after shoving on a player that had raised like 10 of the last 12 hands and was running over the table. I had about 2400 left and blinds were 150/300 and about to escalate into antes. I had 44. He had 77. In the other tourney I got booted from UB about 45 minutes after it started. I could not log back on for almost 2 hours. Boy was I pissed. Needless to say I am trying to recoup the entry fee as the problem was UB's and not my ISP's.

The major news of the day, as it were, concerns my potential move to FTP. I currently play UB but have noticed an alarming trend as of late. It seems that every table is popluated with 2-3 guys that play a LAG or TAG style. They refuse to pay me off and in general play a tough style of poker. FTP has about twice the user base and just inherited all of the players from Doyle's Room (or at least a large portion of them.). If you have not heard about Doyle's Room, read the article at this link: http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_law/article/1907

I played Doyle's for a bit and all I can say is this: The site was populated with the worst players I have EVER seen. The level of play at $100nl was about the same as the level at $10nl on UB. Really. So if these fish are going to Full Tilt....I may follow.

I am currently in the process of getting signed up for rake back there. I emailed FT last night and asked them to close my old, mostly unused, account and remove me from the system. As of 10am this morning that had been done. Quick! When I sign up for the new account I plan on using my same user name but using my work address and a different name on my account. I hope it works as I know FT is strict about their one "account per person" policy.

I plan on playing a bit tonight but my daughter is sick so that may not happen. I will, of course, keep you all informed as I try to get out of my recent slump.

Until next time, good luck at the tables.

1 comment:

CrazyDiamond said...

I recently put a bit of money on Full Tilt just to get the 1st deposit bonus. All I can say is that with good table selection it can be way more profitable. The play is definately softer on FT compared to UB. Plus they have the new beta version which has resizable tables - only problem is PAHUD does not support this yet.