Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I hate Full Tilt...

Once again, I need to lead off by apologizing for the lack of updates. I have not been playing much lately for several reasons:

1. Fantasy baseball
2. NCAA tourney
3. Speaker box building
4. Gran Turismo 4
5. Spring cleaning
6. I hate FTP

I am not sure what it is about Full Tilt but I cannot seem to run well there, EVER. As many of you have read from a few posts ago I left UB for Full Tilt and Absolute. I still have money in UB but don't play there much because it is so damn nitty and tough (FU Bill Frist).

Absolute has been very good to me and is filled with fishies. The problem is that I am not 100% sure my rake back is up and running there. Bill, of Rake Aid, and I are working on that. So I have been playing a lot of the dreaded FT. In my FT career I have cashed big (for me) in a tourney to the tune of about $1500 then donked it ALL off. This was pre-Card Runners.

Post Card Runners has not been much better. Several months ago I put a few bucks in FT to get enough points to "buy" a chip set since I did not have one. I only needed like 2,000 points. Unfortunately those 2,000 points cost me over $300. Thus, the infamous $300 poker chip set. I hate even breaking it out because of all the bad memories. Memories that my "friends" won't quit teasing me about.

Once that disaster was over I pulled my cash back out and put it back into UB. Of course then UB turned into 90% 18/13 players... So here we go again. I dropped $1k into FT a few weeks back and promptly lost half of it. How many times do I have to get all-in against a draw before they don't hit? Last Saturday I got all-in 13 times and lost 12 of them. Of the 13 I got my money in good 11 of them (the other two were set over set and AA vs a set of 4's).

Mid week was better as I reeled of a few winning days and actually posted a winning week on the cash tables for the first time in forever (over a month). The weeks have all been small losers but that shit adds up quick. So after winning about $700 in a 3 day stretch I had Saturday happen and dropped half of that. I took Sunday off to watch (and gamble on) NCAA's and build the box for my new sub.

Side note: the box turned out pretty sweet. I'll post pics of it and my whole system soon as I finish installing my stuff in my Tahoe.

Where was I? Oh yeah.... I didn't play much on Monday but did manage to lose half a buy in. Then yesterday happened. I got slaughtered. I had KK 13 times and won only 6 of those hands. Is that possible? IS THAT POSSIBLE??? Sorry. It was the ugliest 3 buy-in downswing I have had in a long ass time. I ran up against a set with a big over pair 4 times (KK twice, AA once, QQ once). I got all in 7 times and lost 5. My money was in right only twice... It was ugly.

So the promised, on the boards, fantasy baseball player rankings are on hold until I get my shit straightened out. Again. Incidentally, if you are interested, I am running a CR member only fantasy league on Yahoo. Check the off topic or sporting topic board for more info. We still need a few guys so don't be shy!

I promise further updates tomorrow and Friday. Till then, good luck!

No comments: