Sunday, February 25, 2007

How to Maximize PAHUD's Potential to Make You $$$!!!

Updates abound today!

First off, I deleted a few of my old posts. They gave me bad memories and I want to stay positive as I move forward.

I just finished updating my profile. Amongst other things I added a pic of my daughter and I. It is not the best pic but is the only one I have on my computer of us both from any time in the last couple months. It was taken on Christmas at my parents house. How sexy am I anyway?

For those of you that did not read last nights post….do yourself a favor and check it out. Pretty funny stuff.

WARNING POKER CONTENT AHEAD!!!

PAHUD=friggin wicked awesome…if used properly. For the first several months I had it I just used the four numbers that were part of the standard layout. Then I realized I wasn’t using anywhere near it’s full potential. So I got to work and now my tables look like this:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Before we run through what all the numbers mean, let’s talk a bit about the layout.

You’ll notice that there are groups of numbers that are color coded to each other. I ditched the standard color scheme where the numbers change color depending on what the value was. For example, a VPIP of 10 may have been red while a VPIP of 50 changed to green. My colors never change. I like having numbers that are tied together by the same color. It makes for quick recognition of what stats are what which is handy when multi tabling.

I had to make three separate layouts. If you have never used your PAHUD layout manager, go there now (open PAHUD, click on options, then layout manager) so you can more easily understand what I am about to explain. In PAHUD’s world the top center player is always in seat one. This seat required its own numbers layout since it is unique from all the other seats. Seats two and six are virtually identical with only slight changes to the right column on seat two because the numbers were smushed together when I copied the layout (Click on edit, then duplicate player seat. Select the seat you want to copy then the seats you want to copy it to.). Seats five and three are 100% the same. Seat four is where I sit, and I have the option to see my stats turned off. I did copy the format from seats two and six on to seat four for when I observe tables.

Another thing I did was reduce the decimal point on all numbers to one (make sure the stat you have currently selected has only one decimal point then click edit and global copy decimal font.).

I turned off the “snap to grid” option under options because it made it more difficult to get the numbers where I want them.

So what do the numbers mean and why did I choose the ones I did?

Lets do this by color.

Orange: VPIP and PFR%. You better know what these mean…if not, try canasta.

Green: Bet Flop %, Bet Turn %, Bet River %. I used to use the aggression frequency stats but find these more useful since they display more or less the same thing but in a number that makes sense to me. If they bet the flop 10 out of 20 times, that is 50%. Easy like Sunday Morning.

Gold: Fold BB to Steal %, Fold SB to Steal %, Attempt to Steal Blinds %. Great info to know who calls your button raises and how often. If their fold BB to steal percentage is 19%. You know they are calling your steal attempts with garbage. Good info to have for certain. It is also nice to know who is stealing and how often so you can give them less/more credit for a button raise.

Blue: Fold to Flop Bet %, Fold to Turn Bet %, Fold to River Bet %. This is great for knowing how often or for how long a player will chase or hang on to a hand like 2nd pair. It tells you if they can lay down a hand and on what street they do.

Pink: Call C-Bet %, Raise C-Bet %, Fold C-Bet %. This is great info, in conjunction with check raise %, for deciding who you can and should c-bet and when.

Army Green: Fold to Flop Raise %. This is a great tool for helping to handle the preflop limp caller that leads out on the flop. Use this number in conjunction with bet flop % to determine if the guy has anything or is trying to take the pot with TPWK, 2nd pair, a draw, or nothing.

Lt Blue: Call Preflop Raise %. How often does a guy limp call or call a 3-bet? If this number is high but their VPIP is low, you can count on them having good hole cards. If their VPIP is high, you can bet they are calling raises with marginal holdings.

Yellow: Check Raise (PT). This is Poker Trackers check raise percentage figure. This number is great to use on its own and to combine with other stats to decide if a guy is slow playing, bluffing, or has a good hand.

Lt Pink: Total Hands.

That is a ton of info! I love having it all though as I think it helps me a ton when making decisions on the fly.

I also configured my popup stats (edit, configure popup stats) to have info in them that is not on my layout. The most important numbers I have on there are Went to Showdown %, Won Showdown %, and Won Showdown % When Raising Turn, and Won Showdown % When Raising River. I do not have these on my layout because room was tight and because I only use them when at a showdown. They are still quite helpful.

I also have Fold to River Raise % and the breakdown for Check Raise % on each street.

The main thing is to be able to use the numbers together and be able to put them in to context. If a guy that has a VPIP of 70%, bets the river 100% of the time, and wins at showdown 4% of the time over 1000 hands then shoves on a board of A89TJ with 4 hearts and you have AA with no heart….that is not an auto call! The numbers are there to help but ultimately you are responsible for making good reads and solid plays. PAHUD will help you do that but you cannot rely on it to make every decision for you.

The PAHUD website has a lot of info on what all the numbers mean as well as instructions on how to use the layout manager. Go there for more info.

Doing all of the layouts took me well over an hour by the time it was arranged perfectly (I am super anal about shit like that). It was well worth the time though. Please give this some thought and effort as I am convinced it can help you become a bigger winner.

******Edit: If you are having problems seeing the pic of my PAHUD screenshot, PM me on CR (jeff218) with your email addy or email me at midas_poop@yahoo.com and I can send you the pic in its full size glory. Also, I should have prefaced the post with the fact I play on UB. I have no experience using PAHUD anywhere else but have seen it used on FT and Stars. Of course the formatting would be different for those sites.

And one more thing I forgot to mention in my post: I FINALLY GOT MY RAKE BACK PAYMENT!!!!!! Degan was super helpful and assured me a delay will not happen again. I am very happy with their service even though it took two weeks to straighten things all out. I feel confident that moving forward there will be no more problems with Rake Aid. If you do not have rake back, wtf is holding you up? Go to www.rakeaid.com and signup. And use Jeff218 as your referal dammit! If you are already on UB and do not have it you can have multiple accounts (up to 4) there with your same name (not user name but real name) and address. If you have any questions about rake back on UB you can drop me a line and I will try and help.

1 comment:

papabigballer said...

Whats up man. Wow thats alot of numbers on the screen at once lol. Any way you could send me the full SS? (kirkb32@gmail.com). Also, when i play on UB, the "exceeded hand history" gray popup pops up every 10 mins or so with PAHUD running. I have to close all 4 HH windows and reopen them. Really a hassle. Any way around this? Thanks Jeff...