Tuesday, July 10, 2007

What a long week...

On the 4th, as promised, I drank like 300 beers. It breaks down like this:

-I had an 8:00 tee time with my brother. After a tough first hole we turned the cart around and hit the clubhouse for some beer. Great plan.
- We finished golfing about 11:00 and I went home to get loaded up to head to my parents farm.
- Got to the farm about 1:00, started drinking.
- A friend and I drove around and shot things/animals with .22 rifles for a few hours, while drinking.
- We came back and sat around for a few hours bullshitting, and drinking.
- Etc, drinking, etc.

Are we seeing a pattern here?

About 7pm I just wore out. I was tired and full and drunk. Awesome.

Softball

Boy are we terrible. I mean really really terrible. For one, my batting average the last 3 years reads like this: .540, .623, .558. This season, which is 2/3 over, I am sitting at about .250. WTF? It is at the point where I am voluntarily sitting out big games because I am killing my team.

On Thursday we had a league game against a team we swept earlier in the season. The first game we manage only 4 runs in an 8-4 loss. The second game we crushed them 16-4 in 5 innings (1o run rule). So we were feeling OK coming into the weekend's big tourney.

Oops...

In two games we played a total of 10 innings and were outscored 27-7. In other great news it was 103 degrees on Saturday. Our pitcher (and best hitter) had to quit in the 3rd inning of the first game because he was super hot and light headed. In the second game my brother came off the field dry heaving he was so hot. What a shitty fucking day.

Out of the double elim tourney (two and BBQ as we say in the biz) we decided that we should come over on Sunday to watch the not so terrible teams that were still playing. And by watch, I mean drink.

I got up early Sunday (for me) and made up a gallon of mojitos in a water jug then headed for the ball diamonds. Once there seven of us proceeded to annihilate the mojitos and 5 or 6 cases of beer.

We were drunk. I mean wrestling in the front yard of a buddies house drunk. Yeah, I know...

We did much of the partying behind the center field fence so we could heckle the other teams. At one point a home run landed right by us. We grabbed the ball and saved it for later.

Side point important to the story: Our first basemen, Jung, is this 6' 2'', shaved head, broad shouldered, righty that looks pretty intimidating if you don't know him.

Soon after another ball came our way. Jung stands up on the picnic table and throws the original ball back left handed as we all chanted "Throw it Back! Throw it Back!" Of course the team in the field has no idea what is happening as they have no idea who we are. We proceed to repeat our performance like thrice more. Of course they have to stop the game for us each time. Pure drunken comedy.

Poker

As you may have been able to tell from my tales of drunkenness I have played almost no hands in the last week. When I did play, I had a rough time suffering set over set losses no less than 3 times. in a 500 hand stretch. I am stuck a bit over 2 buys since my last post and my roll sits at $3750 or so.

Being Fat

I have been really tired a lot lately. My friend Matt (mjrnt on CR) suggested that maybe it is because I sit on my ass all day at work then go home and sit on my ass some more. I am def 25 pounds overweight and I am sick of feeling older than I am. I really need to get out of the house and do something other than drink...like take a jog or something. Ugh. So as much as I hate to say this, tonight when I get home I am gunna go for a run. Hopefully I stick with this for a few months. If I prove to myself that I can, I will renew my membership at the YMCA for the first time in like 2 years so I can start with weights again.

Yuck.

You Tube

Will Ferrell and Pearl, the final chapter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiGd294SnB8

No comments: