Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Pre-Independence Day Thoughts

Between yesterday and today I got all the shit for my new computer. I am going to start assembling it this evening as long as I am comfortable I won't fuck anything up. If I get to the point where I realize I have no idea what I am doing I will wait for my brother to finish it up on Thursday. He says he will install the OS and drivers then as well. Hopefully he follows through, because I want this baby up and running in the worst freaking way.

Independence Day

As I said on Friday, I cannot wait for tomorrow! We got big plans starting with an 8:12 tee time at a local public course. I have not actually golfed a round, or a hole for that matter, since my lessons started. I am not expecting anything major since I have yet to pick up a driver, wedge, or putter... I am just looking to have fun and tip a few back with my little bro.

When we are done golfing I will venture out to my parent's farm to start drinking/blowing stuff up/shooting things.

I can't wait.

Poker

I have not played much since my last post. Friday my wife, daughter, and I went out for dinner with some friends. When we got home I was so tired I went to bed early. Saturday we went to my aunt's for dinner. Again, by the time I got home I was beat and went to bed early.

Side note: I tried a new drink concoction on Saturday. I mixed equal parts Sky vodka and and Cointreau (orange liqueur) and added a splash of club soda. It is a really good summer drink as it was quite refreshing. Of course the flavor is very strong and it is def a sipping drink. I highly recommend giving it a try.

So Sunday I sat down for a good 1,300 hand day. I split it into an afternoon and evening session. The afternoon stint was only about an hour as I was not playing well and suffered a set over set loss for a full buy. I guess my head really was not into it for whatever reason. I dropped like $150 and said screw it, then did some work around the house.

Sunday evening went far better as I won my losses back plus a buy in or so. I played very very well and got paid on a few big hands. I actually doubled up on two different tables within about 5 minutes of each other. Once was with a set of queens, the other I flopped AKJ with QT...the villain had AQ and could not let it go.

I hope to play 1k hands this evening as I have no idea when/if I will be able to play tomorrow. Thursday will also be tough since we will be working on the new computer. I hope to play a shit ton on Friday because this weekend is also a total loss. I have a softball tourney all day both Saturday and Sunday. If we get knocked out early Sunday I will get some hands in. Otherwise it will be slim pickings.

Bankroll

June:
Start: $4084.89
End: $3839.95
Net Difference: -$244.94
Witdrawls: $1021.00
Gross Difference (money made playing poker before withdrawls): +$776.06
Hands: Approx 20k

Current: $3936.77
July: +$96.82

It was certainly not my best month on record. But considering I missed a week due to illness and my continued inability to fold hands on the river when I know I am beat, I feel really good about things.

Goals

As I stated WAY back, my goal for the year is to be beating 2/4 by January 1st. I still think that is very possible and I will continue to work towards it. My more immediate goal is to make $2,000 while playing 20,000 hands in July. This will be VERY hard as I am taking a weeks vacation starting on the 23rd. I will work my ass off in the meantime and see what happens.

I want to move full time to 1/2 by the beginning of September, something that must happen if I am to have any shot at getting to 2/4 by New Years Day.

You Tube

Real Jeopardy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5H5r4_CoJo

Fake Jeopardy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM56uf3JbCU

No comments: