Wednesday, February 21, 2007

So my break was a bit shorter than I expected...

Yesterday blew.

I found myself in need of some cash and had to RAPE my roll for $1250. God that sucks. So in addition to the 7 buy down swing I pulled another 12+ buys out. IF I COULD EVER GET MY FN RAKEBACK MONEY FROM RAKEAID this would all be replaced. Wish me luck on that deal.

In light of this I logged on last night and went back to it. I decided to play two tables and really work on being more aggressive, especially in position. I also concentrated on making good reads and not calling off chips. I was killing the game for about $300 in less than two hours. Of course, then the bottom fell out...

I had AK on an TJQ rainbow flop lose to 64s. I will repeat that: AK on an TJQ rainbow flop lost to 64s!!! I was on the cutoff and had the button and SB call my preflop raise. On the flop we all checked. Should I bet there? I DID have THE nuts for Christ's sake. The turn put a second diamond on the board (can you see this coming?). SB checks, I bet about 60% of the pot, button folds, SB calls. River comes jack of diamonds. Of course I am not at all worried about the flush but QJ is a concern. I cannot remember how it all happened on the river but the moral of the story is that we each got about $30 into the pot. He had 64 of diamonds. Ugh...

KK went down to QTo when the turn put 4 hearts on the board. We got all-in on the flop which may have been a mistake. He was a fast and loose player and I figured he had a big heart. I was right. He just hit.

I also had KK vs AA where I flopped a set. Unfortunatly he did as well. Kiss another $150 good bye.

Over all I played well but had to deal with some of the same old shit. I am proud of myself for maintaining my cool and not getting to down in the dumps. I look forward to my session tonight as well as a lot of hands tomorrow and Friday since the bosses will be out of the office!

No comments: